Journalism and Editorial Internship
Applications Now Open
Independent Turkey is offering three internships for students and early career professionals interested in gaining practical experience in the fields of journalism, editing, research and press relations. All internships are unpaid and part-time but can be performed remotely with a minimum commitment of 10 hours a week.
Interns will assist with tasks such as daily content creation and production and social media campaigning, providing entry-level skills and educational experience for people wishing to gain experience in journalism and research.
Intern duties include research, reporting and editing.
Applicants must be currently enrolled or recently graduated from a degree in international relations, development studies, journalism or a related field.
- Knowledge of Independent Turkey and commitment to its mission
- Current student or recent graduate
- Strong writing and organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and enthusiasm for Turkish and Middle Eastern affairs
- Basic journalism skills demonstrated through previous work experience and/ or classwork
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Copy editing and/ or photography skills a plus.
- Please send your CV, a short writing sample on a recent and pertinent political issue and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your cover letter please detail your goals in seeking out this internship, what experience you hope to gain and what makes you a good candidate.
Independent Turkey is an equal-opportunity employer.
Regretfully due to the volume of applications we will only reply to successful applicants.
Columnists and Editors
We are currently searching for new contributors and columnists, particularly those with a background in journalism and/ or academia, who wish to develop their ideas and knowledge in a supportive and productive writing environment. We welcome all proposals and enquiries, also from anyone wishing to guest-edit or become and editor for Independent Turkey. Please visit the Write for Us page for more information.